Chicken and Ham penne pasta is a delicious game changer. Sometimes it can be difficult to get my boys to eat meat and vegetables. For some reason a great homemade baked dinner is a delicious treat they love. I came across several non realistic recipes that did not work at all. I then made it my mission to find a scrumptious meal everyone would enjoy.
- 4 boneless/ skinless chicken breasts
- 3 c broccoli
- 2 c mozzarella cheese
- 2 c mild cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp garlic pepper
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1/2 c parmesan
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbs thyme
- Boil penne noodles in a large pot with salted water.
- Shred mozzarella and mild cheese combine in bowl and set aside.
- Steam broccoli.
- Pan fry cubed chicken and cubed ham, begin with chicken. Once chicken is half way done add ham. season chicken and ham with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and italian seasoning
- Place chicken and ham into cookware cover to keep warm
- Add butter to pan stir in flour until golden brown and thick be sure to scrape all the yummy bits off your pan. Slowly whisk in cream until a thick sauce is formed.
- Stir chicken, ham, sauce, broccoli then top with thyme, parsley and parmesan
- bake on 400 for 10 min
- uncover broil on 400 until golden brown
From our table to yours. Please to feel free to share your great family recipes with us! At this point we are willing to try new recipes everyday, plus it is much easier then playing “whats for dinner?”.