This lasagna is a major hit in my family. Born and raised in Wisconsin we are naturally cheese lovers. The kids love to help with dinner, especially this one. Cooking as a family is a great way to spend time together.
- 1 lb of ground beef (or turkey)
- 4 cups of your favorite sauce.
- 12 Lasagna noodles
- 1 bag (or can)of baby spinach
- 1 15 oz container of ricotta cheese
- 4 cups of mozzarella cheese
What to do
- Step One: Cook ground beef (or turkey) in a skillet. Drain the meat then mix in with your sauce, save 1/4 cup of sauce to the side, you will need it for later. Place in the refrigerator. I only make this suggestion if your children will be helping otherwise skip it.
- Step Two: Chop spinach and mix with ricotta and mozzarella cheese in a bowl. Kids love to help mix. Using two forks works great for their little fingers.
- Step Three: Cook noodles for 7 minutes in rolling boiling water. Add salt to water before cooking noodles to prevent sticky noodles. Do not allow noodles to overcook and do not let the noodles sit in the water (they will get mushy…gross). After 7 minutes drain noodles.
- Step Four: Lightly grease a 7 x 11 pan, spoon the 1/4 cup of sauce you place to the side on as the bottom layer. Grab some spoons and get to layering your delicious meal. Noodles, cheese, meat and repeat! You should have enough for about 3 layers.
- Step Five: Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until golden brown.
Lasagna is great on its own but amazing with a side salad.
Some meals do not always go according to plan. If you have found yourself with extra noodles kids love cheese wraps. Wrap up cheese with the extra noodles add some sauce, bake until golden brown. You will have a snack for later.
I hope you enjoy this meal as much as my family does.